Monday, December 29, 2014

Mature Mondays #1

Something that is thought provoking and/or inspiring.

(Pinterest)

While browsing through my Pinterest feed the other day I came across this pin (above), which says simply: NOTICE WHAT YOU NOTICE.  

I find this concept extremely interesting.  It's something I haven't thought about before.  Sure, EVERYBODY notices things, but that doesn't mean everyone notices the SAME thing.  And that can say a lot about who you are as a person. 

One example of this is taken from my very backyard.  The pictures below shall help explain. 

Every spring, the color of my lawn changes from GREEN...

(Google.images)

 ....to YELLOW....

(Google.images)

....to WHITE....

(Google.images)

 ....to BROWN.... 

(Google.images)

....and then eventually back to green again.  Thus are the colors of each stage of the dreaded dandelion invasion.  

As you can imagine (or perhaps know personally) this flower is considered to be one of the most inconvenient weeds of all time.  (And yes, my yard really does act like a chameleon every spring).

Let us return to the words NOTICE WHAT YOU NOTICE.  When I was younger, I didn't see a yard full of WEEDS.  I saw a yard full of FLOWERS.  I didn't think of dandelions as a nuisance, but as blanket of color, free of charge.  I saw flowers from which I could make bracelets, and necklaces, and crowns.  I saw a gift.

I saw something good in something that is considered a pest.

What does this say about me?  I like to think that I can find the positives in situations, and in people--even the troublesome "weeds".  I see this as a strength.

What do you notice about what you notice?

God bless,
~Amy Rochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment