Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Whatnot Wednesdays #2

Info dumps on the life of an aspiring writer. 

TO WRITE OR NOT TO WRITE

Do you ever sit down to write, and realize that you don't want to?  Well today, I have been experiencing the exact OPPOSITE. 

I want to write and create, but I don't want to sit down at my computer.  I want to move.  I want to do things.  I want to go on an adventure.  A real one. 

I wonder if I can run on a treadmill and write at the same time....

........

..............

...................

.......................

Well, after careful consideration, I decided that strapping my laptop to the front of my treadmill is not the best idea.

So here I am.  Sitting at my desk.  And bouncing my leg hard enough it just might fall off.

I think that part of the reason I'm having such a hard time actually DOING the writing, is that I have recently fallen victim to the self-aware-story-syndrome.  (Basically my story has decided to deviate from the planned path and do its own thing).

So what might happen is that I won't end up with 12 chapters like my outline suggests.  I might have 13.  Or even 15.

And there's nothing wrong with that--except for the fact that I wanted this story to be 12 chapters.  The reason being is that I had carefully defined what needed to happen for each chapter.  But SURPRISE! my characters have more story to tell than I originally planned.

Is it just me, or is this starting to sound like the complaints of a genius procrastinator?


Oh would you look at that. They exist.

(Google.images)

Yep. I'm procrastinating. 


Happy New Year's Eve!!!

God bless,
~Amy Rochelle

2 comments: