Thursday, December 25, 2014

Thingy Thursdays #1

A fascinating object that begged at the chance for a story.

(Pinterest)

The following story is entirely fictional.

My friend's kid wanted a Christmas tree going through a portal.  My friend laughed and told his son that if he could find a PORTAL, he'd get the TREE.

Me, being the creative and awesome person that I am, had an idea.  It turns out that LED lights make the perfect "portal" when positioned just right.  To make it more authentic, I managed to secure myself some lovely blue and orange lights.

Several hours and many eyerolls later, my friend had his very own portal tree.  He went ahead and just used a fake tree. (It'd be kinda hard to water the tree on the ceiling, don'tcha think?)

My friend's kid loved it.  I couldn't believe how well it turned out.  It looked almost REAL.

I smile every time I think about this story.

But I laugh when I remember how my friend's CAT crossed over the portal BARRIER to get close enough to chew on the ribbons.

We haven't seen him since.



MERRY CHRISTMAS!


God bless,
~Amy Rochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment