Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Whatnot Wednesdays #1

Info dumps on the life of an aspiring writer.


Do you ever look at someone and think:  yeah, they could use a story.  If you do, then chances are you are a writer at heart.

Today--I say today, but it was really yesterday. My poor brain hasn't caught up yet, apparently--my mom and I went on a spontaneous shopping trip for last-minute gifts and food (the food being for Christmas dinner, obviously).

In fact, it was so spontaneous that I forgot to prepare myself with sustenance (aka: lunch).  What I thought was going to be a 1 hour quick run, turned into a 5 hour long girls' day out. 

Pros: I'm officially ready for Christmas.
Cons: I. Am. STARVING. 

But seriously.  Food is my new best friend.  Namely pepperoni at the moment--but I'm getting off topic here. 

People. 
Story. 
Right. Got it. 

Needless to say, the stores were far FAR from empty so close to the holidays.  There were people galore. (And certainly no shortage of characters to be found). 

From the sale's associate who helped me and my mom discover the strange food of tahini (a pasty thingy made from ground-up sesame seeds), to the little 5-year-old boy strutting down the aisle like he owned it, the creative side of my brain was alive with endless possibilities for stories. 

And then.  If you're lucky.  You see before your eyes in the discombobulated sea of people a child, teen, or adult that matches your character so well that you have no choice but to whip out that newest issue of Stalker 101 and commence fangirl operation #273.4 of capturing the rare book character as seen in the wild (aka: real life).

And that, ladies and gentlemen is why #1 writers are often mistaken for crazy people, and #2 I should never, under any circumstances, be allowed to blog at 3AM. 

Have a very merry Christmas Eve!

God bless,
~Amy Rochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment