Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Two-Fifty Tuesdays #3

Excerpts of my writing consisting of 250 words. No more. No less. 

The following passage is taken from Chapter One of my novel, White Wings

White Wings is currently under revision with the hopes of self-publishing by the end of 2015.

(Pinterest)

     “Well, I bet if you got rid of those clouds and let some Light through, you would see a lot more colors. All of them, not just red.”
     My heart thundered in my chest.  Was blasphemy going to follow me around all day?  “How do you know this?”
     He looked at me strangely.  “Don’t tell me that you’ve never seen Light.”
     I shook my head firmly.  “People here get punished just for talking about it.”  I gave him a pointed look.
     Rilind made a face.  “Well, then, my stay could prove interesting.”  I gnawed on my lower lip.  There were so many questions I wanted to ask.  So many answers that I craved.
     “If there really is Light, then why—” I stopped and stared at his coat.  It had begun to move.  Rilind opened an inner pocket and a little creature leapt out onto his arm.  It was a tiny dragon, small enough to fit in my shoe.  It flapped its brown leathery wings and tilted its head in my direction.  I gave a small smile.  I hadn’t seen a dragon in years.  I reached over and stroked its pointy head.  A purring sound vibrated in his throat.
     “This is Leaf,” Rilind told me.
     “That’s a strange name.”
     “I decided to call him that because when I found him I thought he was a leaf.”  I chuckled lightly before catching myself.  I couldn’t remember the last time I had laughed.  It sounded so foreign. 
     The little dragon hopped off ... 


God bless,
~Amy Rochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment