Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Whatnot Wednesdays #4

Info dumps on the life of an aspiring writer.

Have you ever written something in the first person point of view, but then after you finished it you realize you SHOULD have gone with third person?

Such is my most recent writing experience.

My novel White Wings is currently written from Rae's point of view.  While she does a good job of narrating the story, I am starting to realize that the story doesn't end with her side of it.

When Rae's story ends, Cole's actually begins.

Originally I didn't plan for Cole to have his own side, his own plot.  But I'm realizing that without it, White Wings isn't complete.  So Cole's story must be told.  But Rae won't be there to tell it.

At first, I was planning on having Cole narrate his side of the story in first person, but I decided that that might get too confusing.  Also, I run the risk of both Rae's and Cole's narrative voices sounding the same.  One of the worst mistakes a writer can make.

So with all that in mind, I have decided to give it a try and convert the novel to third person.  We'll see how it goes!

Be sure to keep on the lookout for new excerpts of White Wings in future Two-Fifty Tuesday posts!


God bless,
~Amy Rochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment