Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Two-Fifty Tuesdays #5

Excerpts of my writing consisting of 250 words. No more. No less. 

The following passage is taken from Chapter One of my novel: Guinea Pig Maverick.


(Google.images)

    Laughter fills my ears. I close my eyes for a moment and try to shut it out.
    “What’s wrong, Carter?” One of them asks, kicking at me. “To scared to fight back?”
    “I might have fought back if you had given me a chance.” I grunt through swollen lips.
The second boy laughs.
     “But where would the fun in that be?”
     He swings his fist around to hit me again, but my right arm comes up to block it. A surprised look comes over his face. I duck my left fist under his arm, and punch him in the gut.
     “Hey!” The third bully pushes the second one out of the way, advancing towards me. I put my swollen fists up to protect my face.
     “You’re going to be sorry for that,” he sneers.
     I punch out at him, but my bruised arms are too slow. He grips my arm and throws me against the wall. “Come on, Davis!” he yells. “Get back up!”
     I peel myself away from the wall and cough. Blood is dripping from my nose and my whole body aches. Before I can advance on him again, the first boy is punching me in the stomach. Over, and over, and over again. I can’t breathe. Finally he stops, and I drop to the ground; my back against the cool brick wall, my cheek against the pavement. 

     “Come on.” Through a haze, I see them turn away from me and walk away. “He’s pathetic.”
     I lay there ...



God bless,
~Amy Rochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment