Monday, February 2, 2015

Mature Mondays #5

Something that is thought provoking and/or inspiring. 


I thought I would share my devotion from January 30th from Rose Marie Jones "The Father's Voice" as it applies to my life as of now. 

"Budding Stub"

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."
-Jeremiah 29:11

     My beloved, I love you.  You know that I love you! For many months now, you have been stubbed, mercilessly chopped off by the corn knife of death that steals and destroys the precious breath of mortal life.

     Left alone to stand, you have born the pain of changing seasons from rain, to cold, to heat. You have felt drowned, frozen, and scorched--but you have nonetheless stood the test.  Your stub has not rotted and deteriorated in character. No, on the contrary, you have endured by yielding to Me all discomfort.  You have bowed before my throne and humbled yourself before Me in your broken, stubby state. 

     While the world was beholding a mournful sight, beneath the surface I was busily and faithfully deepening your root structure, strengthening your root canals, and enriching you below surface level, deep in the secret most caverns of your heart. 

     You have painfully yielded each day to Me, and my promise has been, I will be here for you!

     Now, after much restructuring of the inner heart canals, I am ready to produce new growth on your outward stub. 

     I will now begin leading you into a new season of outward manifestation of that which has been publicly hidden. 

     You are my budding stub! With swelling arms, you will be popping forth with new extensions of my foliage upon you. 

     In your new wisdom and divine revelation, you will begin to produce actual buds of blossoms.  In days not too far from now, you will honestly feel like a blossoming bush once again.  You won't be the same.  You will have new colors and an abundance of blossoms which will emit my fragrance of heaven invested in you. 

     Beloved, your season of mourning has come to its end.  I am on the verge of calling you forth into new power and new fortitude for my glory! Amen. 


God bless,
~Amy Rochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment