Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Whatnot Wednesdays #9

Info dumps on the life of an aspiring writer. 

And...I'm back!

Taking a week break from the internet is harder than it looks.  I wish it only upon my greatest of foes. 

Anywho...it has been quite the eventful week for this writer. 

I had a rehearsal performance at a local library for an 8-minute skit that a few friends of mine and I are doing for a competition called Odyssey of the Mind

Here is a description of the guidelines that our skit must follow:

Problem 3: Pandora’s Box 
Divisions I, II, III & IV
In this classics problem, teams will put a video game spin on the story of Pandora’s Box. A gamer character will take on this multi-level game inspired by the Greek myth. The game will include a prologue that depicts the original story of Pandora’s Box, three characters representing different evils that escaped the box, and a power meter that represents the gamer character’s health. To beat the game, the player will advance to the final level where it will release hope into the world.
Cost limit: $125 USD.

It has been a fun experience so far (although the upcoming competition is already making me nervous!), and we actually have our skit just about solid.  The official competition date is March 7th. That's less then two weeks left! (*gulp*)

***
(Google.images)
In addition to rehearsing at the library, I also had my very first road test.  I can't remember ever being so nervous for something in my entire life. 

I was about to drive a stranger around. Alone. On a (busy) city street.  Past the police station.  And he's going to judge me. (And don't even get me started on the parallel parking).


Okay, I know my nerves blew everything out of proportion, but knowing that doesn't always make it better.  I remember telling myself as the instructor got in my car, "Hey, everyone takes this test.  It's no big deal.  And if I fail, I just schedule another test and try it again."

The test begins and the first thing I do, I do wrong.  Oh, good job, Amy.  Great. Start. (Not). 

And THEN, I get caught in a 3-way car freeze.  Everyone waiting for everyone.  The car to my left is waving me on, so I'm about to pull out onto the street when the car BEHIND the one waving me on decides he's just gunna skirt around and completely disregard the fact that someone was pulling out onto the street. (That someone being me). 

Basically, I almost got into a wreck.  During my road test. 
Of course this happened to me. 

But despite it all, I'm proud to say I passed. 

***

Oh, how I've missed all you guys!  It's good to be back.  Hope you all are having a fantastic rest of your day!


God bless,
~Amy Rochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment