Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Whatnot Wednesdays #8

Info dumps on the life of an aspiring writer. 

Writer by day, mechanic by night. 

While I didn't get as much writing done today that I wanted to, I DID learn the very important lesson of how to fix a sump pump.  And a snow blower. 

I also learned that I am terrible at fixing either over the phone. 

So as soon as my dad got home he and I went to work.  Turns out that the wire that connects the sump pump battery to it's charger-thing had busted somewhere down the line. 

Thankfully, my dad had some extra battery charger cords that we managed to cut apart and manually reconnect with the sump pump.  With a breath of relief, I am happy to say it works now. 

But my mechanic adventure had only just begun. 

There was a good 1-2 inches of snow on the driveway, and since the rest of my family still had yet to return home for their evening adventures, Dad decided it would be a good idea to go out and shovel.  And tonight we were going to try a new technique.  I would push all the snow to one side of the driveway, and Dad would then come by with the snow blower.  Quick. Easy. Simple. Right? 

Well...it WOULD have been if the snow blower had decided not to fall apart. 

I spent the good portion of 10 minutes searching for the missing pieces in the snow.  I only managed to find the red knob that--well...I must confess that I don't actually know what it does.  Anywho...I found the knob-thingy, but the rest my dad and I had to improvise in fixing. 

And again, there was more rewiring to be done.  

So, while I might not have been able to finish working on chapter 12, I DID learn some valuable life skills involving sump pumps and snow blowers.  Tonight I feel accomplished. 


God bless,
~Amy Rochelle

2 comments:

  1. Hah! When I first read the title, I thought it said "Writer by day, MANIAC at night." :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, now that you mention it..... HAHA! :P

      Delete